Sunday, November 21, 2010

★Michael Jackson, My Hero★

Most people knows him for "King of Pop", "Moon Walk", "Child Abuser", "Plastic Surgery" and even for his songs. Today, I would like to share what I know him as.. What I learned from him.. What I understood reading about his life history.. What a great man he is...

Michael Jackson... You're my hero.. You inspired me into Leo Club. You guided me on what I am doing today. Your indirect encouragement keeps my day going. To work for better future. For a fairer world.. People says you're child sex abuser.. Do anyone actually knows the truth? They stripped all the money you had by saying this and that.. Your good cause were misused by most of them.. Yet, your life went on.. Salute you.. Looking at your achievements in music, I'm not amused. But looking at what you have done to the world, makes me think you're the best person ever exist in the world!

Here, I would like to share some of his charity work:

1984

- Equipped a medical centre in T.J. Martell-Foundation for leukemia and cancer research.

- Donated $1.5 million to Michael Jackson Burn Centre for Children.

1985

-Wrote "We Are The World" and raised money for Africa.

1986

- Set up "Michael Jackson United Negro College Fund Endowed Scholarship Fund".

- Donated the proceeds from the sales of The Man In The Mirror to Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times, a camp for children who suffer from cancer.

1989

- Donated tickets to shows in is 1989 Bad Tour to underprivileged children.

- One of his shows in Los Angeles were donated to Childhelp USA, the biggest charity-organization against child-abuse.

- Childhelp of Southern California then established the “Michael Jackson International Institute for Research On Child Abuse”

1992

- Established the Heal The World Foundation.

Other Charity Works

  • AIDS Project Los Angeles
  • American Cancer Society
  • Big Brothers Big Sisters
  • Boys' and Girls' Clubs of America
  • Childhelp USA
  • Children's Defense Fund
  • Cure4Lupus
  • Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
  • End Hunger Network
  • Great Ormond Street Hospital
  • Jane Goodall Institute
  • Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
  • Make-A-Wish Foundation
  • Prince's Trust
  • Ronald McDonald House Charities
  • Starlight Children's Foundation
  • TJ Martell Foundation
  • United Negro College Fund

Clauses Supported - Abuse, AIDS, Animals, At-Risk/Disadvantaged Youths, Cancer, Children, Education, Environment, Family/Parent Support, Health, Hunger, Mental Challenges, Philanthropy, Physical Challenges.

So looking back at 1984, he was only 26 years old. Looking at all the works he has done which mostly for children, do you really think he would do whatever the media has been stating for years? Why do the world has to be so cruel to him? That's what he got back for all the contribution and changes made towards the world? Tears dropping from my eyes when I read that he actually died in his RENTED mansion. For this kind of person to live in a rented place? That proves the unfairness in the world.

No matter what people thinks about him, I would still respect him as high as anything. Your work is a path for me, Michael Jackson. *salute and both thumbs up* You live in my heart forever.

Written by:

LEO Shugan Raman

Omega Leo Club,

INTI International University.

No comments:

Post a Comment